- Play the Ride video once.
- Walk through the Ride handout and play the song again.
- In pairs or small groups, discuss the questions below
Reflect and discuss
I’m fallin’ so I’m taking my time/Takin’ my time on my ride
- What do you think the singer means by “I’m fallin’”?
- Have you ever felt like you were falling? Give examples.
- What do you think the singer means by “my ride”? What makes you think that?
- What are other metaphors for “ride”?
Reaching out for help
I’ve been thinking too much/I’ve been thinking too much/Help me
- Who is the singer asking for help? Why?
- If you were struggling and needed help, who would you reach out to?
- Draw a web with you in the centre. Add the names of people in your life you trust and can talk to about the ups and downs of life.
- Identify and present a song of your choice that involves the themes of struggle and reaching out for help.