You might also be interested in:
- Watch Leif’s story video
- Walk through the 4 Ds handout and explore the questions and activities below in small, groups, pairs or individually
Reflect and discuss
- Imagine a situation where you feel triggered and stressed. Walk through the 4 D’s.
- How do you feel about the 4 D’s?
- How likely are you to use them when going through a change?
- How likely are you to share the 4 D’s with a friend or family member who is struggling?
- What are other ways people cope with changing their substance use?
- Imagine being hired to create your own coping formula, using your own ideas and words. What would you call it? How would you present the steps or tips?
Create a brochure or graphic featuring your unique coping formula.