Stress and coping strategies
You might also be interested in:
- Watch the Stress and coping strategies video.
- Work in pairs or small groups on one or both sets of the following questions:
Reflect and discuss
- Brainstorm a list of stressors and identify the ones you feel you can control and the ones that seem out of your control or too big.
- Choose one or two from each list to work through. Identify the specific steps, skills and people needed to address or manage the situations.
- What are some of the things you do to take care of yourself? Why?
- What are you most likely to ‘go overboard’ about? Why?
- What are some things you can do to ‘catch yourself’ before you go overboard?
- What does resilience look like to you?
- Draw an animal, object or scenario that reflects surviving and thriving.