Cannabis and gender
You might also be interested in:
- Divide the group into teams of up to 4 youth and invite them to discuss these questions:
- What, if anything, is the difference between the way different genders think about cannabis use?
- What makes you think that?
- Ask representatives of each team to share their insights and jot them on the whiteboard. Draw attention to similarities and differences among the team answers.
- Share the Cannabis Perceptions infographic (share link or make copies for each team) and encourage participants to make comments or ask questions. You might ask:
- Does anything surprise you? If so, what, and why?
- What, if anything, is missing that you’d like to know?
- Assign each team a Support Project, based on one of the 4 recommendations in the infographic around gender considerations. You may also want to include more recommendations for other genders based on the youth conversations around Q. 4.
- Invite teams to research and come up with strategies for implementing the recommendation assigned to them around supporting youth based on gender.
- Give participants a working timeline and date for sharing their thoughts and recommendations.